Monday 7 March 2011

Risk Assessment

The safety of the cast and crew of our thriller is paramount. To ensure that this is the case, we will have to be very careful when handling our props, the equipment and make sure we are generally safe in the locations we are filming in.

Risk:
During filming, the camera could be dropped and damaged.

Who/What is the risk?
The camera.

How can I prevent the risk?
I will make sure that when the camera is on the tripod, it will always be securely screwed on to ensure that it does not fall off and break, and we could lose valuable footage. When the tripod is not being used with the camera, I will hold it firmly in by hands and make it my priority to make sure I do not drop it. When the camera is not in use at all I will keep it in the case that came with it to ensure it does not get damaged.


Risk:
Tripping whilst filming the scene in the alley way.

Who/What is the risk?
Me who will be filming the scene.

How can I prevent the risk?
Make sure Zoran is behind me while I walk backwards with the camera to ensure I do not trip and fall over.


Risk:
Breaking the mug whilst filming.

Who/What is the risk?
The mug.

How can I prevent the risk?
We have identical mugs so it will not be too much of a disaster if we do break one. However, if we do break a mug it could injure someone on the cast and crew so we will be very careful that the mug is never left too close to the end of the worktop.

Risk:
Burning himself on the hot water from the kettle.

Who/What is the risk?
Cast/Crew.

How can I prevent this risk?
We must ensure we are very careful when handling the kettle, but if the unlikely happens, we are right next to a sink so we can use the cold water from the tap to treat the burns.


No comments:

Post a Comment