Sunday 27 February 2011

Cast for Opening Sequence

Casting is one of the most important processes within film making as the characters are often the driving force within the narrative. Our opening sequence of a thriller will include two characters, so I will be able to focus my efforts on casting more because of the minimal characters.


Character: Youth 1
Actor: Oliver Morroll

The first character I will be casting will be the character we see the most in the opening sequence. That is the character of the man walking up toward the house and knocking on the door, who I will call "Youth 1" as both characters names are never disclosed.

Oliver is perfect for the role as it takes some acting experience, which he has in abundance, having acted in a lot of short films we have made. We entered the George Spencer School Film Competition twice between 2008-2009, coming third in the first and second in the last, consistently being the only ones coming in the top three within those two years of the competition.

This the film in which we came second, 'Picture This' (2009) and shows some of his limited, but effective acting talents: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLIVtP0voeY


Character: Youth 2
Actor: Jonathan Hawes

The man who is making the coffee and the villain of the piece I will call "Youth 2". This part has the only lines of dialougue in the film, which is greeting the man at his door with the lines, "Hey, come on in, man. Do you want some coffee?" The man must look quite sinister to the audience, but not to the other character, which is why he can win the other character's trust in coming into his home so he can kill him.

I do not have a lot of experience in acting but having directed a number of short films and I thought I could put my experience of the direction of others into my own performace.

No comments:

Post a Comment